Wednesday 10 August 2011

FUNKAGENDA REMIX/DJ COMPETITION...

Funkagenda remix competition
Over the next few months Funkagenda (man with the red face) is running a remix/DJ competition!
You've gotta remix his track 'Shinjuku', bang it in a 1 hour mixtape, then submit it to the man himself...

"
So we all know that remix competition's are ten a penny these days. I've been asked many times if I would run one but it just seemed a little cliche. Then I had a brainwave. What about a combined DJ + Remix comp? Because if I am going to choose a winner, I want to find somebody who has the whole package. Somebody who can not only produce, but also mix and program a quality, evolving set...

So I came up with this competition. Its simple. You download the parts for FREE (That's right, I am not charging you for them). Then remix the track in whatever style you like. Finally submit the track to me, in a zipped archive, with a 1hr mix that also contains your track and that's it!

The prize will be a release of their remix on Funk Farm and the chance to DJ with me at a Funk Farm party either in the UK or in the US.

Some key points you should probably know:

1. I will be judging the entries myself. They will be picked on merit alone. No amount of public support will aid you.
2. Make your DJ mix clever. If you submit a mix containing an hour of hits, I can almost guarantee you will not win.
3. I must pick your mix AND your track in order for you to win. One or the other will not suffice.
4. If you DO win + start playing like a cunt at the gig I will kick your ass off the decks. End of story.
"
(Funkagenda)


The parts:

http://soundcloud.com/funkagenda/sets/shinjuku-remix-dj-competition

Submit your remix + DJ mix to the following email address in a zipped archive by the end of October 2011: funkagendaremixcomp@hotmail.co.uk

Terms + Conditions:

1. Any style of remix will be accepted.
2. All entries to the competition become the property of Funk Farm recordings.
3. Entries containing samples of copyrighted works will not be accepted.
4. Entries made available to the public will be disqualified.
5. The remix parts remain the property of Funk Farm records and as such cannot be used in your own compositions.
6. The winner will be chosen by me on merit alone.
7. If you are a winner in the UK or Europe I will fly you to the UK for a a gig.
8. If you are a winner in the USA I will fly you to a city in the US for a gig.
9. If you are a winner anywhere else in the world, sadly you will have to wait until a suitable date becomes available.
10. You must submit a full tracklist with your mix.

Good luck!

Buy the tee worn by Funkagenda *HERE*
Dirty Smart - High On Life


> SHOP DIRTY SMART
> The dopest threads. Worn by the hottest DJs. Across the globe.

|| Mens Tees || Superstar DJs || Clubbing News || Downloads ||

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Adventures In Clubland...