Tuesday 15 March 2011

LAIDBACK LUKE SHARES HIS EAR TICKLERS…


Below is a transcript from the 'Windmill Wizard' chatting through some of those beats that just can't find their way out of this headphones...

A Tribe Called Quest - The Love Movement
You just gotta love the Dilla beats. The first time I heard this album the beats felt like alien to me. SO fucking big! The biggest beats I ever heard up to then.

Maxwell - Maxwell's Urban Hang Suite
This track brings back great memories. I have a weakness for Maxwell. It sounds so warm and sexy!

Magnetic Man - Magnetic Man
I'm just so in awe with this album at the moment! I listen to it on repeat. To me, a lot of new dubstep that’s been coming out sounds way too forced, like electro producers trying to make this style. Magnetic Man shows me how the real deal should sound like. Authentic stuff, very inspiring to me!

Stevie Wonder - The Number Ones
Such a living legend. Amazing touching songs we all know so well!

Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
I've been a fan of Phoenix for such a long time. They have written some of the most important tracks of my life. The track called Love Like A Sunset on this album is probably my most favorite track ever. I see my whole life flashing by when I hear it.

Gaslamp Killer mixtape - Live From Japan
This is my favorite DJ! Mind you, it's not house but it's more like a lot of weird stuff. The man has amazing technical skills and is a great performer too. Go and Google him if you don’t know him!

Nu-Gen - Mopho (Hatiras Remix)
This is one of my favorite tracks to play out now. Hatiras is an amazing person and the one that switched me onto making music in Ableton. He had me in mind making this track and it really worked ha! Playing this in every set.

Benny Benassi - Cinema (Laidback Luke Remix)
One of my bigger new remixes to come out soon. Trialed and tested and looking to be amazing when it's going to be released.

Laidback Luke & Steve Aoki feat Lil' Jon – Turbulence
This banger has been bubbling under for about a year and finally it's out! We went for full energy on this; it’s such a monster on the floor!

Laidback Luke feat Jonathan Mendelsohn – Timebomb
It's going to be a year of doing more and more videos for me. I’m very happy with how the Turbulence video came out and very proud of the Timebomb video too! This track works great on the floor as well as in your living room, go check it out!

Luke's new single 'Timebomb' is out now on New State Music: http://bit.ly/gyvjRo

www.dirtysmart.com

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Adventures In Clubland...