Thursday 23 June 2011

NEW SANTOGOLD ALBUM ENROUTE...

New Santogold Album Enroute
While the singer known as Santi White has been flying under the radar since the release of her debut album in 2008 – Santogold as it was titled before her name-change – it looks like we’ll have something new to sing along to this Autumn.

Speaking to Billboard about the album’s preparation Santigold confirmed that she’d brought in a number of choice collaborators including Dave Sitek of TV On The Radio, Greg Kurstin of The Bird And The Bee and one half of Major Lazer, Switch.

“By December of 2010, I thought I was finished. I was like, ‘I’m done!’” Santigold said of the lengthy production process behind the new record. “I never really had the experience of labels and stuff, because last time I made the record and then got a deal…I didn’t have to deal with people talking about singles and stuff before I was even done the creative process. That was new, and annoying. So for the last six months I’ve been trying to tie up loose ends and do a couple more songs. At the end of the day, nobody will hear anything but things that I feel 100 percent are great.”

While we wait to hear some new music from Santigold’s next record you can cop her track with Beastie Boys, Don’t Play No Game That I Can’t Win, as remixed by Major Lazer right here:

Beastie Boys - Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win (Feat. Santigold) (Major Lazer Remix) by maddecent

(source- www.inthemix.com.au)

Dirty Smart // Mens Tees // Superstar DJs // Club News // Downloads

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Adventures In Clubland...