Tuesday, 7 June 2011
CLAUDE VONSTROKE DOES MAKEOVERS...
Next month, Dirtybird Records will release Makeovers, a collection of remixes by label head Claude VonStroke.
VonStroke's DJ sets and Dirtybird parties have made him a leading figure in San Francisco's club scene, but his productions have given him a reputation around the world. Though he might be best known for his original productions–most notably 2006's "Who's Afraid of Detroit?"–he's a prolific remixer as well, with dozens of reworks to his credit so far. Makeovers looks back on his efforts over the years, from his remix of Poxy Music's "Warpaint" to his recent take on Girl Unit's "Wut." All of the tracks have been remastered specifically for the collection at Air Studios in London, and some have been revamped by VonStroke himself. The release will be available digitally and on CD, with a limited run on vinyl.
01. DJ Blaqstarr feat. Rye Rye - Shake It To The Ground (VonStroke Mix)
02. Andy Caldwell Ft. Lisa Shaw - Warrior (VonStroke Sharp Toof Mix)
03. Mikael Weill - Silmarions (VonStroke Bavarian Ferrari Mix)
04. Cajmere - Percolator (Claude VonStroke Remix)
05. Poxy Music - Warpaint (VonStroke Remix)
06. Girl Unit - Wut (VonStroke Fully Dressed Mix)
07. Worthy - IRST_TE? (VonStroke's R U Thirsty? Mix)
08. Scott Grooves feat. Parliament Funkadelic - Mothership Reconnection (VonStroke Energy Pattern Mix)
09. Gonzales - I Am Europe (VonStroke Take a Trip Mix)
10. Katy B - Easy Please Me (VonStroke Grizzl-fiyah Mix)
11. Kenny Larkin - Glob (Claude VonStroke Remix)
12. Nublu Orchestra - Sciubba Diving (Claude VonStroke '011 Retwist)
Dirtybird Records will release Makeovers on July 27th, 2011.
Dirty Smart // Mens Tees // Superstar DJs // Club News // Downloads