Thursday 10 November 2011

FATBOY SLIM ON DJING AFTER REHAB...

Fatboy Slim DJing sober
Fatboy Slim has revealed that he was "scared" that he'd be unable to DJ sober.

The dance icon, real name Norman Cook, checked himself into rehab in 2009 shortly after a disastrous and very drunk performance at Good Vibrations in 2009.

He told the Sunday Mirror that one of the biggest hurdles he's faced since then has been taking the stage without alcohol. "I was scared that DJing sober would be a nightmare," Cook said. "I was sh*tting myself that I wouldn't be able to do it or be as good. It was two or three gigs before I could dance. My hips wouldn't do it."

Fortunately, that wasn't the case. "I get a completely different buzz nowadays. In rehab they taught me about euphoric recall. When I'm in a situation where everyone is 'having it' I have memories of the past coming back to me. I get a natural high from remembering those times."

"I do get high through DJing, but without all the baggage that comes with it. Having experienced it myself I’m in tune with what the ravers are going through without actually going through it. I don’t ever feel left out."

He's not looking to wind up his decades-long career yet, either. Cook recently announced that he's planning to release a new single under a different moniker, and told The Daily Trojan "I'm just happy I'm still allowed to do it. I'm part of the wave of DJs who are taken seriously and given respect".

> SHOP DIRTY SMART
> The dopest threads. Worn by the hottest DJs. Across the globe.

|| Mens Tees || Superstar DJs || Clubbing News || Downloads ||

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Adventures In Clubland...