Thursday 6 October 2011

BLOODY BEETROOTS INTERVIEW...

Bloody Beetroots Interview
Interviews with the Bloody Beetroots don’t come around often, so Auzzie bloggers inthemix had plenty of questions when they got on the phone to leader Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo last week.

Recentlly The Beetroots have been rockin' crowds under the Death Crew 77 guise, but Rifo is warming up to the idea of DJing again...

“It’s been a while since I’ve spun records,” he said. “I’m trying to find new records to play because the music around is pretty bad. I’m downloading tonnes of new promos. It’s a new challenge for me to make a real good summer DJ set for Stereosonic. There’s going to be lots of new bootlegs. I cannot tell you now what I’m going to play, but I’m going to play hard, for sure.”

The Beetroots brand of brazen electro has certainly spawned its share of imitators, and now dubstep (or whatever you want to call it) is going through a similar cycle.

“I like people that are making really big dubstep but with different sounds, but I hate people that are trying to copy,” he mused. “Skrillex was one of the pioneers of the new dubstep and everybody now is copying the Skrillex sound. But I like people like Skrillex or Skream or Benga, those old school UK guys who are making dubstep in a new way now.”

It’s been a long two years for fans since the release of Romborama, but Rifo told inthemix there’s plenty on the way. Upcoming single 'Church Of Noise' teams the Beetroots with longtime friend Dennis Lyxzen, former frontman of Swedish hardcore punks Refused.

According to Rifo, it’s “a mix of the old school punk and the new electro sound from The Beetroots”, and there’ll be a few more singles to come before another album is delivered...

> SHOP DIRTY SMART
> The dopest threads. Worn by the hottest DJs. Across the globe.

|| Mens Tees || Superstar DJs || Clubbing News || Downloads ||

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Adventures In Clubland...