Wednesday 25 May 2011

DIRTY SOUTH'S TOP 10 CLUBS...

Dirty South

Dragan Roganovic – known to his ever-growing legion of followers as Dirty South – is a Melbourne boy at heart, but ‘home’ has become a fluid concept in recent years. Dragan spends most of the year jetting around the world, playing his brand of euphoric, stadium-sized house to thousands-strong crowds.

The inkling of where Dirty South was headed came around 2004 with his first official production. From there, the originals and remixes kept coming, with the Dirty South EP boasting that blockbuster remix of Evermore, It’s Too Late. Next came the superstar hook-ups – How Soon Is Now with David Guetta and Sebastian Ingrosso to name just one – and life started to get pretty busy, pretty fast for the young studio whiz.

To put it lightly, 2011 finds Dirty South much in demand. After warming up for the Swedish House Mafia Miami Beach takeover in March, he’s now deep in a month-long circuit of North America’s most illustrious clubs, plus a return to the colossal stage at Electric Daisy Carnival. The Northern summer ahead looks suitably immense too: Ibiza with the Swedes, Mysteryland with just about everyone, a heaving tent at Global Gathering in the UK countryside, and so much more.

So... here they are. Dirty South's TOP 10 Clubs...

#10 Masquerade Motel, Miami

“I’ve been playing Ultra Music Festival in Miami during the music conference for the last three years so it was time to switch it up and play a new festival that was constructed literally on the beach. It was a beautiful set-up and the Miami crowd never disappoints!”

#9 Guvernment, Toronto

“Okay, so they spell the name a bit weird, not sure why. It could be some rebellion thing or who knows, but all I got to say is: the DJ booth is on hydraulics! It moves up and down as the DJ pleases, and in a cool way it interacts with the crowd. Amazing sound, CO2 [smoke cannons], horns and perfect crowd is what makes this superclub special. I play here couple of times a year and always look forward to it.”

#8 Electric Daisy Carnival, Los Angeles

“I played this festival last year and that was the biggest crowd I played in front of in my entire career. It was over 80,000 people in front of me on the main stage. I played the sunset time slot, which just added some extra goosebumps. This festival will move to Las Vegas this year, which I am also doing and I can’t wait to see what the Insomniac guys will put together. I’m sure it will be insane like last year!”

#7 Green Valley, Camboriu, Brazil

“Green Valley is kind of like an open-air club that could double as a mini-festival, as they fill it up with 6-7000 people. It’s always a trip getting here, but the experience is breathtaking. The sound, production, people and atmosphere is exactly how I like it and this is another place where I can play longer sets…and the CO2 just keeps coming!”

#6 Ministry Of Sound, London

“London has so much history, so every time I come here, there is always something new and interesting to learn. At the end of the day, my favourite thing about London is this nightclub. To me the most attractive thing is the sound, which is incredibly loud, but at the same time perfect. It’s the shape of a box, so they called it…The Box. UK crowds really get into it and get rowdy. I love that and appreciate it, that’s why this place makes the top 10 for me.”

#5 Prince of Wales, Melbourne

“This is literally close to home and it will always hold a special place in my heart. I built my Australian career playing for the Onelove guys at this venue and what an amazing venue it is. It has crazy sound and a really good layout. I did a special one-off event there last year and it was beyond perfect! I’m glad the venue is still running.

#4 Mansion, Miami

“Miami is a city that I really look forward to playing in. I have my residency at Mansion, which is a superclub that holds around 2000 people. Once again, a legendary venue and I always have an amazing time here. There is a certain energy with the crowd from Miami that is special, so no wonder they hold the Music Conference here every year.”

#3 Pacha, New York

“This is the best club in New York, and New York is such an amazing city. It is always very exciting when I come to this city. The club packs 2000 to 3000 people and the vibe is sweaty, dirty and crazy. The sound system is state-of-the-art and the DJ booth is louder then some clubs I’ve played at.”

#2 Coachella, California

“I played this festival in 2010 and I have to say as far as festivals go, this one was the best. The energy was insane. It was the most energetic hour of 10,000 people I’ve ever experienced at this legendary festival.”

#1 Avalon, Los Angeles

“This is just one of those epic venues! I love it every time I play there. People are really up for having a crazy night and I really enjoy playing here. I get to play four to five hour sets and do pretty much whatever I feel like, and the crowd just goes for it the whole night! I also live in LA now, so playing here is like a mini-homecoming.”

(source: www.inthemix.com.au)

Dirty Smart // Mens Tees // Superstar DJs // Club News // Downloads

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Adventures In Clubland...