Tuesday 1 June 2010

Adventures In Clubland with Mr Dirty Smart: May

Easy. I hope you are all good and have had a wicked May.
I know I have…

Mr Dirty Smart’s BIG 3.

Bank holidays are great. 3 nights of partying on a weekend instead of 2! May kicked off with an absolute stonker. Sunday the 2nd, Cream @ Mission, Leeds.

My all time favorite DJ
-Laidback Luke- headlining, with Micky Slim, Arno Cost and Adam Sheridan supporting. I felt something special was in the making and I was not wrong…
Laidback Luke stepped up to the decks wearing none other that Dirty Smart tee ‘Big Beats Are The Best’! My drink slipped out of my hand and spilled all over my crotch but I really didn’t care. What followed was some crazy shape cutting, and total dancefloor destruction.

To quote ‘The Four Seasons’- o what a night!



Next in the BIG 3, came just a few days later. Thursday the 8th, Deadmau5 @ Mountford Hall, Liverpool. Deadmau5 doesn’t really need an introduction. He is number 6 DJ in the world, and wears a massive mouse head while playing.

Supporting Deadmau5 was a bloke called Michael Woods. One of the greatest producers in the world and I think of him as the DJs DJ. If your playing to a sleepy crowd, bring out one of Michael Woods’s productions for a guaranteed change in atmosphere.


2 drinks got dropped this night. First when Michael stepped out rockin’ out Dirty Smart ‘Dirty House’ tee. The second when Deadmau5 ripped off his jacket to reveal he was wearing Dirty Smart ‘Rockin’ Out’ tee. Sounds a bit pathetic but my eyes started welling up!
It was a Fantastic night. Deadmau5 put on a real show, which will be seconded by anyone who saw him on his UK tour.




My final party of the BIG 3 occurred on my birthday! Friday the 28th, Sankeys, Manchester. When I was planning my birthday I was uncompromising. The club had to be right and the music bang on. I settled for the number one club in the world (voted by readers of DJ Mag) with a line-up that was right up my street. Lee Mortimer, Foamo, Don Diablo & Sidney Samson. Everyone was good but Don Diablo absolutely rocked it- sneaking a bit of DnB & Dubstep into a tough Electro set. Props to all the fans of Dirty Smart who made it out and had it large.


[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]


TUNAGE! I have a special treat for you. I linked up with Dirty Smart ambassador -Joshua Roberts- and he has put together a mixtape to rival ALL mixtapes…
Dirty Smart VS Republic by Joshua Roberts



Words cannot descibe just how good this is!


Thanks for all your emails. Iv had a chuckle about some of the crazy antics you peeps get up to!

SHOUTOUTS:
Richie Bee, Terry Wood, Josh Murphy, Mark Stone, Will Silk, Danny Pickering, James Caino, Jacob Smart, Tasquana Hufkie, Amanda Cooper, Dominque Jay, Glenn Thomas, Lucian Turner, Briony Cox, Gazz Hunt, Tommy Tickle, James Thompson & Charlie Ellis.

Peace!
Mr Dirty Smart

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Adventures In Clubland...